Following a meeting at the Army Sport Control Board a decision has been made that OSVs should continue to be suspended until 31 Mar 21, based on several factors including:
- The continued unpredictable spread of COVID-19, not just overseas, but also within the UK.
- The unpredictability of the air corridors that the UK government utilises.
- Loss of funding if the overseas sporting event gets cancelled at the last minute.
- Recent Govt direction which restricts non-essential travel overseas.
- Potential requirement for an increase of Army personnel to sp the Govt efforts to manage COVID-19 in the New Year.
This assessment has since been staffed to LOC who have endorsed DASCB’s recommendation that Army OSVs should continue to be suspended until 31 Mar 21.
ASCB Ops will inform the organisers of those OSVs that had planned to conduct an OSV before Mar 21, noting that none of them had been authorised by ASCB and no diplomatic clearance had been given.
A further meeting will take place in January 2021, to reassess the situation further, out to May 2021.