Team Capts are to download and print a hard copy of the following document to hold in their possession when in Austria for Ex NWF19:
- diplomatic clearance covering letter from the Defence Section in Vienna
WHAT IS EX NORDIC WHITE FIST?
EX NORDIC WHITE FIST 19 is the Nordic championships for the 34th Household Cavalry [HCav] and Royal Armoured Corps [RAC], Royal Artillery [RA] and Army Air Corps [AAC]. It provides an introduction to biathlon ski racing and a competitive environment for novice and experienced ski teams in preparation for the Divisional and Army Championships. The Championships will be held in Hochfilzen, Austria from 2 – 11 Jan 2019.
The Exercise aims are to:
- Host the Corps Nordic Ski Championships for the RAC, RA and AAC.
- Provide an introduction to biathlon ski racing for novice and experienced ski teams in preparation for competition at the Regional and Army Championships.
- Develop tough, resilient competitors capable of adapting to extremes of environment.
- Continue to foster the excellent relationship enjoyed with the Austrian military and people of Hochfilzen
The rules for EX NORDIC WHITE FIST follow the AWSA rules, which are adapted from the FIS and IBU (International Biathlon Union) rules.
Team Capts are expected to have a copy of these rules. In addition, all competitors are to possess a EHIC card and accident insurance that includes helicopter extraction.A photocopy of each competitor’s EHIC will be required on registration.
- Begin the planning phase for the exercise well in advance to ensure that you have enough time to complete the preparations.
- Try and obtain sponsorship for your exercise to offset some of the costs.
- Do some pre-exercise fitness training before departing for the exercise.
- Get your grant applications in early to ensure you can get the money before you depart on the exercise.
- Information on the Hochfilzen biathlon stadium can be found here: www.biathlon-hochfilzen.at
- A plan of the Hochfilzen biathlon stadium can be downloaded here.
- Information on the Pillersee Tal region can be found here: www.pillerseetal.at
- Teams wishing to secure their own private accommodation must contact Ms Martina Trixl at the Pilersee Tal Tourist Office. Emails must be headed ‘Ex Nordic White Fist 18 Accommodation Request. Ms Trixl can be contacted at: Tourist Office PillerseeTal, Dorfplatz 1, 6391 Fieberbrunn, tel +43.(0)5354.56304, fax +43.(0)5354.56304-60, email: email@example.com