All Sports 2019
2013DIN01-007: Insurance for Adventurous Training Activities.
JSP 752: Tri Service Regulations for Allowances.
JSP 419: Joint Services Adventurous Training Scheme.
JSP 375 Volume 2 Leaflet 11: Safety in Military Training and Exercises.
AGAI Volume 1 Chapter 11: Adventurous Training.
AGAI Volume 1 Chapter 13: Army Biathlon Shooting Policy.
Reminder on the Use of Military Vehicles
Event organisers are to note that Service Regulations apply at all times to service transport, including vehicles that are hired at public expense. Unless there is a specific exemption, civilians (including spouses of military VIPs) are not permitted to travel in military transport. This will have implications for event organisers, especially with respect to how visitors are looked after. Check out JSP 800 for details.
(To Supplement the FIS International Competition Rules)
The Army Snowboard Association (ASBA) Rules are issued to clarify or expand upon the FIS International Snowboard Competition (ICR) Rules. Both the FIS ICR and the ASBA Rules will be followed by the organisers and competitors at an Army Snowboard Competition. These rules will be reviewed annually and also when the FIS ICR is revised.
The AWSA Army Ski Competition Rule Book is published in 2 disciplines – Alpine and Nordic. The Nordic ski disciplines covered include Biathlon, Cross Country (XC) and the Military Patrol Race.
SIGNIFICANT REVISIONS IN THIS EDITION
Throughout this Rule Book all changes to the 2018 edition are shown in red. The most significant changes to the 2018 Rule Book are:
- The term “Regional” and / or “Divisional” (as in Championships), has been replaced by “Qualifying”.
- AWSA 1.11 (IBU 1.2): Age of a “Junior” extended by one year; thus an athlete who was a Junior last season will be a Junior again this season! However, a “3rd year Junior” i.e. born in 1997 will not count as a “Junior” in the context of the “Novice / Junior / Youth “Rule” (AWSA 1.5).
- IBU 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199. No magazine to be inserted at either the equipment inspection or final pre-start inspection.
- AWSA 4.16.6 (IBU 4.2.2): Skis will no longer be checked and marked before the Start in Biathlon, thus AWSA 4.16.6 only applies to rifles.
- AWSA C.13 & C.14: Revised Qualification system for Female athletes to Ex RUCKSACK.
This 2019 edition is effective from 01 November 2018. It completely replaces all previous editions, amendments and drafts of the AWSA Nordic Rule Book, which should be destroyed.