SOURCES OF FUNDING
The Skiers Trust has had a long association with snowsport National Governing Bodies and has provided a considerable number of Financial Grants each year to Groups and Individuals from Great Britain of all skiing disciplines. The trust meets twice a year to consider grant applications. If you wish to apply for a grant please use the application forms on this page. Applications close at the end of March and August – those missing the deadline will be held over until the next meeting.
Originally founded in 1966, the aims and objectives of the Trust are:
– Promoting the efficiency of the Armed Forces with opportunities to experience skiing; and providing instruction, coaching and equipment for skiing.
– Improving access to the sport, by instruction, coaching, equipment, transport and assisting with expenses for the advancement of the amateur sport.
– Providing support to those who are talented at skiing and wish to develop their ability in skiing.
– The advancement of education and training in ski safety and ski instructing and coaching.
– Providing education about the geography, geology, meteorology, ecology, environmental issues and other physical characteristics of skiing areas.
– The advancement of health or the saving of lives by promoting healthy recreation and supporting people in becoming more physically active.
– Improve their health and quality of life to those who have suffered or are suffering from a skiing related injury or illness.
– The advancement of environmental protection or improvement, to projects and programmes designed to preserve and improve skiing environments.
– Providing support to research into ski safety; and the relief of those in need those who have participated in, or contributed to, the sport of skiing.
– The advancement by research into the geography, geology, meteorology, ecology, environmental and other physical characteristics of skiing areas.
For further information please visit www.skierstrust.co.uk