ARMY NOVICE, JUNIOR & SENIOR ICE CHAMPIONSHIPS
WINTERBERG, GERMANY (24 JANUARY – 3 FEBRUARY 18)
Ex RACING ICE 2 (Ex RI2) is the Army Novice, Junior and Senior Ice Championships which is to be held in Winterberg, Germany from 24 Jan to 3 Feb 18. These Army level ice sports events are approved by the Army Sports Control Board. Service personnel are to be on duty for the event and are not to take leave in order to attend. The exercise comprises of a training week followed by a race day. Ex RI2 18 will consist of three parts:
- Training Week – Bobsleigh, 25 Jan to 1 Feb 18.
- Training Week – Skeleton, 26 to 1 Feb 18. Sgt Manning will be running pre push start training. Timings (TBC).
- Luge – 29 Jan to 1 Feb 18.
- Race Day – 2 Feb 18.
In order to qualify for entry into the respective championships, individuals/crews must fulfil the following criteria:
- Novice Driver/Slider. An individual in his/her first season as a driver or slider.
- Novice Brake man. An individual in his/her first season as a brakeman.
- Novice Bobsleigh Crew. A driver who is in his/her first season as a driver with a brakeman who is also in his/her first season.
- Junior Driver. An individual in his/her second season as a driver.
- Junior Bobsleigh Crew. A driver who is in his/her second season as a driver with a brakeman who is either in his first or second season.
- Senior. All personnel who do not qualify for novice or junior status will compete in the senior event.
Entry Forms. These can be found on the AWSA MOSS site and the AWSA web page. All entry forms are to be submitted to Secretary Luge, WO2 Graham Holmes, Graham.Holmes294@mod.uk (email@example.com) by NLT 19 Jan 2018.
The full admin instruction is available to download here.
Visit the EX RACING ICE II page for further information.