Skip to main content

AWSA COVID-19 Latest update: Thu 24 Sep

By 24 September 2020No Comments

The latest news from Government and the decision on the resumption of winter sports:

The AWSA has fielded a large number of calls, emails and messages via social media about the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the forthcoming winter season following the delayed announcement from the LOC and the latest announcement from No 10.

There has been no further direction from GB Snowsport other than that issued for the resumption of training activity at UK based ski slopes and indoor centres.

To date the AWSA have submitted guidance to the Land Operating Command (LOC) on the potential measures that could be taken and for proposed winter sport resumption. At present the LOC have elevated the decision to Higher Command, to ACGS/DCGS and we remain on standby for any further direction on our ambitions.

We ask that you remain patient until a decision is made accepting that uncomfortable conversations need to be had with resorts as they become increasingly frustrated. Maintaining your excellent relationships with people and resorts throughout this period of uncertainty will be key to our continued support in future years.

We are sorry that we are unable to offer anything further at this stage but rest assured we are doing everything we can to secure a decision.