A big thankyou to our sponsors – without their help the AWSA would not be able to help soldiers to participate in winter sports:
SOURCES OF FUNDING
The Skiers Trust has had a long association with snowsport National Governing Bodies and has provided a considerable number of Financial Grants each year to Groups and Individuals from Great Britain of all skiing disciplines. The trust meets twice a year to consider grant applications. If you wish to apply for a grant please use the application forms on this page. Applications close at the end of March and August – those missing the deadline will be held over until the next meeting.
Originally founded in 1966, the aims and objectives of the Trust are:
– Promoting the efficiency of the Armed Forces with opportunities to experience skiing; and providing instruction, coaching and equipment for skiing.
– Improving access to the sport, by instruction, coaching, equipment, transport and assisting with expenses for the advancement of the amateur sport.
– Providing support to those who are talented at skiing and wish to develop their ability in skiing.
– The advancement of education and training in ski safety and ski instructing and coaching.
– Providing education about the geography, geology, meteorology, ecology, environmental issues and other physical characteristics of skiing areas.
– The advancement of health or the saving of lives by promoting healthy recreation and supporting people in becoming more physically active.
– Improve their health and quality of life to those who have suffered or are suffering from a skiing related injury or illness.
– The advancement of environmental protection or improvement, to projects and programmes designed to preserve and improve skiing environments.
– Providing support to research into ski safety; and the relief of those in need those who have participated in, or contributed to, the sport of skiing.
– The advancement by research into the geography, geology, meteorology, ecology, environmental and other physical characteristics of skiing areas.
For further information please visit www.skierstrust.co.uk
We are pleased to offer a 10% discount for members of the military and armed forces. We appreciate the risks you guys take on behalf of the rest of us so are pleased to be able to offer you a deal!
Armed Forces Discount 30% Snozone UK – Milton Keynes and Castleford.
1 or 2 hour main slope passes, sledging, ice slide or lessons.
For Serving personnel and family, MUST show ID Badge/Card and proof of family/cohabitation.
Call to book 01908 680827 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chill Factore is an indoor Snow centre based in the North West of England in Manchester and home to the longest real snow indoor slope in the UK. Any member of the Armed Forces can receive a 30% discount on a selection of their full price products. To receive this offer visit www.chillfactore.com and enter the promotional code: FORCES30
AWSA is not responsible for the content of external websites.