Team Capts are to download and print a hard copy of the following documents to hold in their possession when in Austria for Ex NWF17:
WHAT IS EX NORDIC WHITE FIST?
EXERCISE NORDIC WHITE FIST (Ex NWF) is the name given to the 31st Household Cavalry [HCav] and Royal Armoured Corps [RAC], Royal Artillery [RA] and Army Air Corps [AAC] Nordic Ski Championships. The Championships will be held in Hochfilzen, Austria from 3 – 14 Jan 17.
The Exercise aims are to:
- Host the Corps Nordic Ski Championships for the RAC, RA and AAC.
- Provide an introduction to biathlon ski racing for novice and experienced ski teams in preparation for competition at the Regional and Army Championships.
- Develop tough, resilient competitors capable of adapting to extremes of environment.
- Continue to foster the excellent relationship enjoyed with the Austrian military and people of Hochfilzen
The rules for EX NORDIC WHITE FIST follow the AWSA rules, which are adapted from the FIS and IBU (International Biathlon Union) rules.
Team Capts are expected to have a copy of these rules. In addition, all competitors are to possess a EHIC card and accident insurance that includes helicopter extraction.A photocopy of each competitor’s EHIC will be required on registration.
- Begin the planning phase for the exercise well in advance to ensure that you have enough time to complete the preparations.
- Try and obtain sponsorship for your exercise to offset some of the costs.
- Do some pre-exercise fitness training before departing for the exercise.
- Get your grant applications in early to ensure you can get the money before you depart on the exercise.
- Information on the Hochfilzen biathlon stadium can be found here: www.biathlon-hochfilzen.at
- A plan of the Hochfilzen biathlon stadium can be downloaded here.
- Information on the Pillersee Tal region can be found here: www.pillerseetal.at
- Teams wishing to secure their own private accommodation must contact Ms Martina Trixl at the Pilersee Tal Tourist Office. Emails must be headed ‘Ex Nordic White Fist 17 Accommodation Request. Ms Trixl can be contacted at: Tourist Office PillerseeTal, Dorfplatz 1, 6391 Fieberbrunn, tel +43.(0)5354.56304, fax +43.(0)5354.56304-60, email: email@example.com
Ex NORDIC WHITE FIST 2017 – download a copy of the EXERCISE INSTRUCTION
Ex NORDIC WHITE FIST 2017 – download a copy of the draft programme
Biathlon Rifles – DIN now out
Weapons: Issue of Rifles and Conversions kits is done through DSG and DE&S. Units must have entered Ex PIPEDOWN or Ex SPARTAN HIKE to get priority bidding. Each unit will be issued only 6 weapons and 4 Conv kits until the 31st Oct but if a unit needs kit for Summer Trg they are to approach the Secretary direct with support from their Corps Captain. Where possible Female teams are to bid for their weapons as a central bid (with different UINs if req). POC for Wpns is Ian Heighway at DSG and Conversion Kits is Hazel May at DE&S. I can provide their contact details if units need them urgently – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DIN can be viewed on DII http://defenceintranet.diif.r.mil.uk/libraries/corporate/DINStraining/2014/2014DIN07-135.pdf.